Saturday, August 21, 2010

This Song

So you might notice I'm looking a bit defeated in this video. That's mostly because I'd had 2 previous turns at trying to record it, including the big opening spiel, and it felt like there was glue inside my head. But I got there in the end.

I present to you the first of my "songs about challenges": This Song.



And yes, I know I'm talking too quietly. But I'm not doing it over again. I'll work on it for next time, so in the meantime just put your headphones on and shut up.


I have to write a song for every month
Every month I’m 29
And Bart said each song must be based on or inspired by one of the challenges undertaken in that month, or a future or past one that has not yet been used
And I said ‘fine’

And I decided my song will be at this tempo
And my song will descend in the bridge
And my song is probably going to try and fit way too many words into every third line
And that song sounds awfully like this song

This song
This song

So this, this is the first song that I’m writing
But I’m not sure it’s any good
But that doesn’t matter, because this is a process that forces me to be creative, and not dismiss ideas or underestimate my own abilities
The way I should

And my song, it’s gonna tick all the boxes
And my song, it has a passionate bit in the middle
And my song, it moves from B to A to G to E and also an F sharp thrown in there just to make sure you’re paying attention
To this song

This song
This song
This song
This song

2 comments:

  1. I am happy to confirm for you that the above multimedia content takes your 'Completion of Challenge' status to 8.33%. (Non-redeemable) points have been awarded for punctuality, mentioning my name and overall songwriting excellence. You have also been awarded bonus meta-points for mind-munching reflexivity. Well done x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tobi just called out from where he is dismantling our room "Is that Dee? She sounds really good..."

    Loving reading your blogs this rainy Sunday, sitting at my kitchen table with a cup of tea at my elbow.

    Mel xo

    ReplyDelete