Monday, August 2, 2010

General update

Busy busy busy. Liv Tyler's character in Empire Records once said "my dad always said that there's 24 usable hours in every day", but she didn't spend 7.5 of them trying not to punch the Marketing Director in the face for his incessant tuneless whistling as he walks through an open plan office. This really affects my productivity in more ways than one.

Meditation is not so far helping me deal with such every day stresses, but that's probably because I'm still not in the swing of it. I need to commit to a dedicated time and space to do this, but the routine bothers me. I'm fumbling my way through it, some days more successfully than others. The bath seems to be a good place for me. I'm trying to find some good websites and maybe download some mp3s, but it has been too insane to properly spend any time on this yet. Jaimi also said she'd lend me some meditation material from when she was taking classes, so that will help too.

We've had visitors for the past 9 days and I'm going to see Jonsi tonight (from Sigur Ros! Much excitement), and nothing is really going to calm down until after the 13th, so I might as well just keep fumbling until then.

I've almost hit my target for the Sydney to Gong bike ride donations, which was $250 (the minimum required to be able to enter). So I upped the target to $400. After pay day I'll give everyone a little reminder about it... I'm feeling a lot less scared about it now but I wish it would stop raining and being so dark so I can get some practice on the new bike. There are maps available on the website so I can even check out the early sections of the route.

I have also done research on the break dancing, horse riding, licence-getting, gospel choir-ing, and TV game show-ing, but nothing solid is locked in yet. There are only so many weekends in a year and I need to plan mine pretty tightly.

The day is slipping away. Having all these visitors is excellent fun, but it's not helping me conquer my challenges right now. Gotta find time to write some songs before the 22nd too... oh boy.

2 comments:

  1. Don't forget she was also high on speed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say he needs a "punch in the gina"
    I wanted to add the MP3 file but cannot do it :(

    ReplyDelete