Friday, August 6, 2010

And now... you... see it!

Trying to get on a TV game show is a bit tricky. First of all, Australia doesn’t seem to have that many, and those we do have are mostly filmed in Melbourne. Whatever happened to “Its A Knockout”? Man I would have loved to be on that show. Running around in those stupid postman sumo suits, proudly representing my state... Remember “Vidiot”? I was totally amazing at that show when I was a young and impressionable teen. I would have won tonnes of VCRs and video games for sure, all because I knew how many windows appeared in the background of East 17’s “Been Around The World” video clip (it’s three, by the way. And yes, that was an actual question on the show). Let’s not even talk about “Now You See It”. Line AWESOME, Position SWEET. That really low-budget robot. Wow. Never mind.

I just signed up for “Who Wants to be a Millionaire – Hot Seat”! Damn straight it’s hot – even the mini-online audition was nerve wracking, and Eddie Maguire wasn’t even there. I think I answered 9 out of 10 questions correctly, although I couldn’t divulge as to how many of those were lucky guesses. Looks like I need to brush up on my geography. It looks like a truly terrifying program, but I’m kind of a little bit sort of smart some of the time, right? I guess I know a few things about stuff. Ben suggests a training montage. Stay tuned for that one.


I want to be on “Minute to Win It” so bad. It’s ridiculous. Some guy just won $250,000 on it too, because he practiced bouncing 2 ping pong balls off a table into 2 schooner glasses in one throw with one hand for three weeks. Riiiiiight. I’m not sure I’m ready to put in those kinds of training hours, but I feel pretty confident about getting an oreo from my forehead into my mouth just by moving the muscles in my face. I’ve not tried it, but seeing as it involves a chocolate biscuit, I’ll probably be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment