Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I'm visualising a fundraiser, and a huge slice of cake

So I didn’t write a blog yesterday. Did you miss me? Because I missed you.

My employer sent me to a “Tapping Into Your Full Potential” seminar yesterday which was quite enlightening. Mostly because it showed me how my ‘values’ and ‘priorities’ weren’t really aligned with each other and how most of the stuff that makes me hate my job are in the mysterious “circle out of my control”. We were taught visualisation techniques and told to let go of the things in that particular circle. So I’m visualising myself having a really fun time at work, everybody around me working really efficiently, and actually having a manager that I can depend on, and getting backpaid for the 7 weeks worth of higher duties work I haven’t been paid for. It doesn’t seem to be working. I told my colleague that if we don’t get an answer before the end of the week (which I was told we would), I’m striking. I think I’ll use the time to ride my bike a lot, write songs and ponder life. Or, maybe I'll just keep coming to work like a chump because I need to pay for stuff.

I am trying to organise the 'fundraising ball'. It's a bit of a left field interpretation of the idea, but it's so crazy it just might work. Getting the people I need to be involved, and finding a venue, though, is going to be an interesting endeavour. I don't want to jinx it by saying too much, but I'll let you know if I get it off the ground.

PS. I was meditating in our bedroom a couple of nights ago when the light bulb blew (with sparks and everything!) and my inner peace was seriously compromised. I almost levitated, although to be fair I don't think it was the same kind I'm supposed to aim for.

PPS. People keep thinking I'm pregnant. I'm not. It's just cake. But thanks for the boost to my self esteem.

1 comment:

  1. Yes I missed you!! I get quite upset when I cannot read an entry everyday!
    Give them an el kicko in the you know where if they make a comment again. It will definitely make you feel better!

    ReplyDelete