Wednesday, September 22, 2010

To summarise...

It’s the 22nd today, so here’s my end of month summary:

#1 – I had an idea (or rather, Bart had an idea) and I was very excited about it for about a week. But nobody called me back, nothing really happened except for a couple of kind people saying they would donate their time to it, but without the 2 major components of a venue to hold the ball and a drawcard to get people there, it sort of fell on its ass. I should have pushed it more. I need to clear my head and start from scratch on it.
#2 – I think I will have to merge the second fundraiser into the other 2 fundraisers. Three fundraisers is just a bit silly.
#3 - I have made a total of 1 person laugh so far. I can’t believe I’m 7 weeks behind. I need to work up a game plan on this.
#4 – I fell off the wagon for a while there, but I am still meditating most days. I need to try and be stricter with this. Also, I have written (or at least, co-written) 2 songs as per the required 1 song per month – different from the songs-about-challenges songs. I will have to post some rough demos of them as proof.
#5 - I have completed the required 2 songs of my 12 songs-about-challenges.
#6 – Haven’t thought about this Bathurst gig since last month. Jason sent me some contacts that I forgot to contact. Gotta get back on it.
#7 – No further progress with the gospel choir. I’m hoping they will get in touch again regarding the Godspell performance. Perhaps it’s time to give them a nudge.
#8 - Heather has confirmed that the children’s hospital is a sufficient challenge. I’ve made some very basic enquiries as to the logistics of such a thing and also what passes for kid’s entertainment these days. My greatest fear is of being in a room full of sick kids who are crying and bored and not finding me funny or joining in at all. Fortunately I know a lot of school teachers that I can milk this kind of information from.
#9 - I haven’t done any more harbour walks which is a bit shameful really. I’m going to endeavour to purchase some “sensible walking shoes” next week.
#10 – I’ve had 3 driving lessons so far with another one booked for Saturday. I’m not sure what’ll happen at the end of the 5 lessons – I guess I just wait until I can afford another 5 lessons…
#11 – We’ve booked flights to Tasmania for February 4th next year. Exciting.
#12 - I bought a book on scrapbooking that funnily enough, I found pretty inspiring. I’ve scanned a bunch of photos and childhood stuff and just need to get myself all crafted up and get going.
#13 – I’ve been sporadically cooking, mostly with something resembling a recipe, but it is all good for my kitchen confidence. I should really start repeating some of the recipes to see if I can do it all on my own.
#14 – No word from the world of television requesting my presence. The extended deadline for The Amazing Race just passed (after we submitted a shonky application) so we’re expecting a call for the next round of auditions any day now…
#15 – Our first horseriding lesson is booked for October 23rd at Glenworth Valley.
#16 – Sydney to Gong bike ride is all organised. All I have to do now is get better at actually cycling.
#17 – No progress on the reunion dinner. Must call Heath.
#18 – No progress on the breakdancing.
#19 – I am about halfway through ‘The Heart is a Lonely Hunter' now. I’m starting to feel like I know the characters and am really enjoying McCullers’ writing style.
#20 – I’ve decided to do a Yeats multi media project rather than join a theatre group. I haven’t actually got further than the decision, but I have some ideas floating about in my head.
#21 – It’s a bit crap that I’ve made no progress on making a video clip in a whole month. I’m going to research camera hire and maybe contact some film students to see if they’ll do us a favour.
#22 – I’ve started learning some covers for my busking challenge. Some songs are immediately pleasing to play. Others are awkward. Once I’ve got a good repertoire under my belt I’ll start planning where to punish passers-by with my so-called talent.
#23 - #29 - I’ve still not heard a word, and these guys are going to forfeit their right to be involved in exactly one month from now.

3 comments:

  1. Busking spot suggestion #1: Wanklins lobby, Summer Hill

    You'll fit right in with the little girl who is an absolute friggin virtuoso recorder player, the lonely traveller with his acouey and harp singing dylan covers, and that ragtag rnb percussion troupe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey lady, so one of your challenges is to make a music video? One of the mums in my mothers group runs this:

    http://www.xy-1.com/new/home.html

    Do you want me to ask her for some suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unless she can actually make us one for less than a grand, then no. But thanks! Methinks she is a bit too high profile for us. Besides we have the entire concept, we just need someone with a camera really.

    ReplyDelete