Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Difficult difficult lemon difficult

Have you seen In The Loop? There’s a bit where one of the MPs says “It’ll be easy-peasy lemon-squeezey”. His advisor looks bewildered for a second before replying: “No it won’t. It’ll be difficult-difficult, lemon-difficult”.

Yes. Well.

I'm in a bit of a rut, I think, but at least I'm in such a place that I can explore my way out of it. I'm getting disheartened easily after I work at something for a while and nothing comes of it. This has happened in a couple of instances so far. The fundraiser is one example, making a video clip for the band is another. I find it really difficult to pick myself up and go "hey, well, don't sweat it. Let's just go at it from another angle and start fresh". Or "Lemme just look over what we've got again, maybe I missed something that will kick start this again". Nup. I just put my tail between my legs and crawl into the Too Hard Basket for an unsatisfying nap. And I sigh the way that dogs do. That sad little "harrumph".

My plan of attack is not so much an attack as a stealth mission. I need a rest from those tasks, so I'm going to write insanely detailed lists of various other more do-able challenges. The trick is to break them down to micromovements that aren't quite so daunting. I think I'm going to start thinking about my Yeats installation.

What constitutes "multi media" exactly? According to Wikipedia, "Multimedia is media and content that uses a combination of different content forms". Fair enough. I guess I'm thinking of that scene in "RENT" (the movie) where Maureen does her performance piece, and all the TVs have her face on them. Oh, you never saw the movie because it was shit? Fair enough. Combine that with Brian from Spaced and you'll sort of get where I'm coming from.

Or maybe something not so extreme as either of those. It depends if I can still remember how to use Flash, I suppose.

I think this has the potential to be great, if not because it is something I can do entirely on my own and in my own time, but because it might help me expand my mind about how to get the video clip back on the rails and get me back out of the basket.

1 comment:

  1. 'Cemetery Gates' by the Smiths has this line in the chorus: "Keats and Yeats are on your side."
    Mebbe that can form an aspect of your multimedia? Mebbe no.

    ReplyDelete