Friday, November 5, 2010

Two more sleeps til the big ride...

I think I forgot to mention, I went to a cycle class with Scobie last week. I thought it would kill me, but we actually enjoyed ourselves! It was hard work, but was more a practice in controlling my head than my legs, who I think could have worked harder (but don’t tell the trainer that). It was reassuring in a couple of ways – this was not so much a Spin class as an Interval Training class. I realised that it worked out to be kind of like my regular street ride: a few tough hills, some ‘recovery’ stretches of road. The need to recover is so integral to me making it through any length of ride, it was nice to know that this is normal. I just hope there are enough of them. The trainer also mentioned “this is supposed to be a workout for your legs, not your arms!”, something I could definitely relate to and why I think having gloves is so awesome. So even though my head almost exploded, the class was pretty good. We had planned to attend another class this week, but then Scobie fell over and twisted her ankle and apparently wasn’t even drunk. Pffft…

All the radio stuff got me quite buzzy yesterday, and has definitely buoyed me to feel a huge enthusiasm towards the ride. I’m mostly putting this down to blissful ignorance and plan to utilise this complete lack of common sense for as long as possible. Loftus Oval, at least.

1 comment:

  1. Since, I am so uncoordinated, it is probably a good thing that I do not ride a bike on the road. That could be seriously dangerous.
    So now that you have done the ride, you can still do cycle classes with me, but now for the fun of it.

    ReplyDelete