Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Ray-dee-oh

So it seems this thing has got a bit of momentum. I’m going to be on the R-A-D-I-O! If you’re on the NSW south coast and are functional enough to turn the radio on at 7.40am, tune into ABC Wollongong 97.3fm and hear me stumble through some questions about the bike ride, probably only semi-lucid and trying not to spill my breakfast juice. If you’re in the nation’s capital, tune into ABC Canberra 666fm and hear me do it after I’ve had some caffeine in my system, around 11.40am. Both are live and I’ve never done a radio interview before, so I apologise in advance in case I accidentally say something ludicrous like “bum” or “fo shizzle ma nizzle” or “so hey, how about that Murray-Darling basin debacle?”. They’re going to play Ballad of a Substandard Cyclist, which is super exciting and totally weird. I wish it was this easy to get Dusker songs on the radio!

It’s funny, as I was hoping to keep a pretty low profile for the Sydney to Gong ride… just in case I flake out. I know this is not going to happen, because I am awesome, and hella determined to get all the way there. But still. Funny.

1 comment: