Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Summary - End of Month Four

#1 – The Fundraising Ball. *facepalm*
#2 – The Other Fundraiser. *see above*
#3 – Laughing Strangers. 16 weeks, 4 laughs. Many more moments of humiliation.
#4 – i. Mediation. It’s weird – I find that I accidentally stop doing this when I get stressed, which is probably the opposite of what I should be doing.
ii. Song Per Month. 4 months, 3 songs. Sorry. I will have to do some catching up with the posting of them too.
iv. 26km Coast Track. Provided the weather is good, we’re planning to do this the last weekend in January.
#5 – Songs About Challenges. 4 months, 3 songs. Sorry.
#6 – Bathurst. No progress.
#7 – Gospel. COMPLETE – a couple of public performances coming up in December.
#8 – Children’s Hospital. Still haven’t learnt any kids songs.
#9 – Harbour Walks. Hoping to find time to knock out a lot of this over Christmas, if the weather is bearable.
#10 – Driving. Wasting all of our savings on Crunk has put me off wanting to drive for a long time. I’m not getting in the driver’s seat until he earns my trust, which could take some time.
#11 – Tasmania. February.
#12 – Scrapbooking. Oh yeah. I forgot about this one.
#13 – Cooking. I have been cooking! So I don’t suck after all.
#14 – TV. Nae joy.
#15 – Horseriding. The lack of horseriding is Crunk’s fault. Now we can’t afford it for a little while.
#16 – Sydney to Gong. COMPLETE – amazing.
#17 – Reunion Dinner. I’ve not heard back from Father BC. I think he’s scared.
#18 – Breakdancing. *tumbleweed*
#19 – The Heart Is A Lonely Hunter. COMPLETE
#20 – Yeats. I thought about making a long legged fly out of cardboard. It lasted about 2 minutes.
#21 – Youtube. I think about this all the time, I just never get it done.
#22 – Busking. I think I’m almost ready for this.
#23 – Cliff. I guess this will happen in January at the same time as the Coast Track walk.
#24 – Protest Song. Googled some other protest songs. Most of them suck. Am determined to do better than them.
#25 – See Challenge 4.ii
#26 – See Challenge 4.iii
#27 – Blood. Scheduled for December.
#28 – Japanese. Watashi wa Pask Dee des.
#29 – Parents. This is a job for Christmas.

I’m listening to the LCD Soundsystem London sessions, Sufjan Stevens’ new record The Age of Adz, and new Briscoe demos, in one huge constant loop. It’s getting me by.

1 comment:

  1. Wondering if you can double/triple up on more of these (or is that cheating?) Like doesn't posting your songs per month on Youtube count? Didn't you already post one- which would be a completion for the YouTube challenge, right? Can the blog count as the scrapbook? It has thoughts and pics in it and all kinds of goodies. Laughing strangers - go for kids and toddlers - make a funny face, works every time.

    You still have 8 months - the journey matters more than the destination. Just bothering to do this is an achievement. Nothing to be ashamed of there. Riding a bike to the Gong alone would have put me in a coffin......

    ReplyDelete