Tuesday, July 27, 2010

When you say 'snow'...

Cider, then vodka, then beer, then champagne? When was that ever going to be a good idea?

Thanks are due to the charming folks from Hot Chip and LCD Soundsystem for their hospitality last night, even if I did cop abuse for being boring. James dripped with disdain. "Oh I get it. You're gonna bail. Who are you? I'm going to remember you as you were back then. I don't want to hear about your stupid boring office job. I was there when you first saw snow. You were running around like an infant. It was special."

A conversation then ensued where Ben interpreted the word 'snow' to mean 'cocaine' for its entirety, when what it actually meant was 'snow'. I don't think anybody noticed. It was funny in retrospect.

Here's a picture of the original moment as proof of my innocence, Munich, 2007:


The band claimed to be slack and still thinking of a challenge, but Pat promised to get it to us before the year is out. He asked if I knew how to surf, which I don't, which makes me slightly nervous.

I didn't get a chance to meditate yesterday, unless dance-meditation counts. According to something that popped up when I typed that phrase into google: "The goal of meditation is communion with the Spirited Self, and while in our body-mind we can feel this inner Spirit enlivened while dancing, as we hold positive thoughts and caring feelings for ourselves and all." Justification enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment