Monday, May 2, 2011

HIIIIIIIIII

Hey! I'm writing a blog! Hello! What have you been up to? O RLY? Cool. Yeah me too.

So six weekends of pre-wedding parties, hens nights, engagement parties and actual weddings has been awesomely fun. But I would like my life back now. This is on top of the Day Job v Night Job juggling, with some days finishing at one place at 5.30pm and beginning at the next at 6pm. Now you're starting to get an idea of The Tiredness: a phenomenon rendering me without the energy to finish full blog posts. Heck, even full sentences become too much of a

Can I have a chocolate bar?

The good news is, the temp job I was supposed to have for three weeks at Prestigious Theatre Company got extended for a week, and then another week, and now they've hired somebody but he can't start for a month. So I've got a whole month more to luxuriate in being able to pay rent. Hoorah and stuff! It's a beautiful thing.

The only thing left veering me off the ABT race track and slamming me into the wall of tyres also known as 'failure' is the band's rehearsal and recording schedule, which is about to take off in a big way. Sure, it is going to be all kinds of rad to finally get an aural snapshot of the band circa 2011, but it may also bankrupt us. Hence, I keep working two jobs.

(If you fancy giving us a little push and don't already own a copy of our previous EP, you can download it at Bandcamp - please excuse shameless self-promotion).

I should really do a comprehensive post on where everything is at, but the short version is that there hasn't really been progress on anything. Even the Japanese, which is the only thing I was getting anywhere with.

In other news, I'm proudly banjo-sitting for the next 18 months while Alex is off in the UK being smart at a university or something (oh and also getting married). I have already discerned that all Sufjan Stevens banjo tabs on the net are rubbish, so I am getting my ear tuned up. Hopefully this will inspire me to catch up with all those songs I have yet to write.

I should probably post a picture of something to make this post feel a little more entertaining than it actually is. In that case, here's a picture of me getting ready to go to roller derby.

You're welcome.

1 comment:

  1. I just checked out your list and letter. I love that you had other people come up with the items. Cool idea!

    ReplyDelete