Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Songwriting catch up

Just to prove I did write some songs all those months ago, here's a snippet of what Dusker sounds like rehearsing "Blow On In" (September's song):




...oh and also I don't think I ever posted "Mallow" (August's song). I was still trying to figure out the whole blogging thing back then. I still can't figure out whether it is here or not. Anyway, in case it isn't, here's a demo of it. Imagine it getting totally Sigur Ros on your ass right at the end and you'll get the idea.

Mallow by duskerdee

Soft like a mallow
I caught you in the shadows
You climb in through the window
You're shooting all your arrows

Hold me in the winter dark
Bathe me in the summer light

The water is your alibi
The wind is your valentine
Your light is a firefly
The trains are your lullaby

Hold me in the winter dark
Bathe me in the summer light

It's a trick of the light (soft like a mallow)
It's a trick of the light (caught you in the shadow)
It's a trick of the light (climb in through the window)
It's a trick of the light (shooting all your arrows)

2 comments:

  1. Ahh, rehearsal... Loud sounds in small spaces. Brings back good memories.

    Can't wait to hear this one fo'reals.

    ReplyDelete