Thursday, January 27, 2011

It's Sufjan Stevens Day!

Howdy folks! Here is a post completely unrelated to the Project, but just thought I'd keep you updated on my movements. Had two gigs in two days with Dusker - the first was a band comp in which we won our heat, and if we win the whole thing we get a 5-day recording package in a studio (which would be totally amazing, since we're recording anyway with money we don't have). The second was an Australia Day gig in Wollongong, our first gig down there, and it was pretty fun. It's not every gig you get to go to the beach immediately afterwards. Ben learnt how to bodysurf and I nearly drowned. Good times, good times.


And tonight: Sufjan Stevens at the Opera House! One of the last great gods on this musical throne I revere that I've never seen live. The realisation of this momentus occasion is slowly starting to push through the fatigue. It's been so hot the last week or so that sleep is something I have only a vague recollection of experiencing.

Guess it doesn't matter so much when as of next Tuesday I'm going to be unemployed...

No comments:

Post a Comment