Sunday, January 16, 2011

A downer

So, on Friday we didn't go horseriding. Again. This would not have been so remarkable had we not made a booking to do so, obviously, and the promise of it had pulled me through the horror of my working week; a carrot dangled in front of the nose of someone who has a tub of excellent hommus but nothing to eat it with. I had to arrange to leave work early, we had to catch a cab, plan outfits both work- and horse-friendly, and then when we arrive, our booking doesn't exist. I tried not to show how one person's incompetence had completely destroyed me for a tiny all-important moment, feeling stupid for wearing those huge boots all day, hot and bothered. But the horses were going to bed, and nothing could be done except make another booking and psyche myself up for the whole rigamarole again on Tuesday.

We decided not to waste our trek all the way out to Fox Studios and watched a film instead. (I give 'Tangled' 3 and a half stars. It is beautifully moving, old school classic Disney, and I enjoyed being the only adults in the cinema unaccompanied by children).

We went driving today. Until the car decided it didn't feel like it any more. I stayed with the car, who I feel no longer deserves to be known under an affectionate moniker, while Ben dashed for oil. I thought I'd take the opportunity to meditate, but each tweeting bird and sweet rustle of leaves gave way to imagery of myself taking to the windscreen with a baseball bat. I couldn't escape. Eventually the engine restarted, for whatever reason. We went for coffee and I tried to be zen about it all. Ben said I'd been doing a really good job up until the vehicle's revolt.

I couldn't get the fundraiser up. Other bands did. I figured there was no point after that. I'm better off just donating more money and supporting one of those events.

Did I mention I bought an iPhone4? After resisting for so long, I felt I could finally get use out of something like this, have instant access to posting photos, be able to listen to my own music again, be able to receive picture messages without the entire phone crashing and needing to reboot. It's a shame that its 4 days later and the phone doesn't work, and Telstra can't tell me why, and also its not compatable with my shitty old Macbook so I can't get any of my music off it. iPhone sucks so far.

Honestly, universe. What did I do? Is there any particular reason you are having so much fun shitting all over me? I am a good person! A good person trying really hard to do good things. Documentation is a funny process. I spend so much energy trying to generate a positive outlook, see silver linings on dark clouds, concentrate on the things that make me happy. I don't want to fill this blog with all the negativity brewing around me, but sometimes, I run out of positive things to hold onto.

1 comment:

  1. Whew, for a moment, I thought I was going to have to read a blog post about Alexander...

    I sense you can use all this experience to write a killer angry punk rock song that involves alot of screaming and smashing of instruments on stage (or maybe smashing a car and iPhone?)I'll round up some semtex.

    ReplyDelete