Saturday, December 25, 2010

Come on! Let's Boogey to the Elf Dance!

Merry Christmas! I'm sitting in the kitchen wearing a brand new 'Scotland' apron (thanks Adam) which I have already managed to coat in such things as flour, icing sugar, chocolate, oranges, and duck juices. This morning I made my first 'Yule Log' (up until yesterday I'd never even heard of one) but turns out it is mostly just a swiss roll. I've now got a 2kg duck slow-roasting in the oven thanks to Crash Test Kitchen - so if it doesn't work, I'm blaming them. It came with vegetable stuffing already included thanks to the excellent folks at Gus's and I'm planning to do up an orange sauce with some roasted vegies to boot. It's a little nerve racking, this being my first Christmas dinner, and me having no back-up plan if it fails, but I figure, how hard can it be (she says flippantly, ignoring everything she has learnt thus far)? The trickiest part is making sure the oven temperature stays true.

I actually forgot how awesome Christmas is. Ben is working which is a big pile of plops but we had a lovely morning opening gifts and skyping with the Scottish contingent. Life is wonderful.

Keep your fingers crossed for my poor little ducky-wuck, and I'll keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment