Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Lift me up like a doooo-oooove

It has been officially three weeks since I became a probationary member of the Glory Bound Groove Train, and all is well. Sonya and I (another girl who joined on the same day) have been told that paperwork pending, we’re in. I guess now is the time I should come clean about the 29 Before 30 thing, just in case this only lasts until the end of the year. I hope not, though. I’ve had a couple of rough Tuesdays, and there is a strange calm in singing about the Good Lord fixing things (regardless of your religious inclinations) and losing your voice within the community of warm tenors, beefy basses and twangy sopranos. Maybe it sounds cliché, but it does something uplifting for the spirit.

It's a very laid back affair, but at the same time it feels satisfying to be getting into the nuts and bolts a little bit - phrasing, how to breathe, dynamics.

And we have a ‘gig’ coming up! Early December. It’s in a pub in Glebe so that is excellently familiar, and a lovely way to lazy summer Sunday afternoon - just add Pimms. (Everyone seemed to think it was quaint when I produced a pen and diary to note the date. Regardless of being one of the youngest members of the group I think I’m probably the only one without an iPhone, and I’m totally ok with that).

No comments:

Post a Comment