Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The first five... released!

Writing letters to people is more time consuming than you might think. Particularly when it is not so much a “hey, so what did you do this weekend?” letter as a “hey, so you’re really important to me and here is just a small number of reasons outlining why” letter. I don’t write those ones quite so frequently. I thought it was necessary to keep the whole thing very personal, since everyone is getting a generic explanatory letter also, and I didn’t want it to feel like a freaking chain letter or something. “So, like, you know, pass this on to your ten best friends and you’ll have great sex for ten years!” Pffft. So I am making an effort to tell everyone there is a reason I picked them. And believe me, it’s an effort. It’s something I need to focus entirely on, and there are so many pretty distractions like podcasts and facebook and cookies and Wii and Ben, to keep me drifting from the task at hand.

But lookie! I’ve actually managed to complete - complete! – five sets of postcard-letter combos. Pow pow! And I’ve put them in envelopes and everything! With stamps on! And I’m going to put them in the mailbox! It is VERY EXCITING!

In case they get lost, go unanswered, or get mangled in the post, here are our first five lucky recipients:

KAT


CARLA


JAIMI


CASSIE


JAMES


I’ll keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment