Friday, October 21, 2011

I'm posting, I'm posting

Alright. Here it is. I am sitting down in front of a computer and my fingers are moving across the keyboard in a way that correlates with the appearance of words on a screen, and this is enough to be considered "forward progress". As happens in Teh Blogosphere (a large continent of Teh Internetz), sometimes you fall off the wagon and the longer you wait to get back on, the more you have to say, the more daunting the task of restarting, and the more confusing the relevance (or non-relevance) of things becomes. Needless to say, I am already rambling somewhat, but it is momentum and therefore I am running with it.

Yes I turned thirty (hoorah!). Yes I failed to complete many tasks on my thirty list, for various reasons. I have a note from my mother, sir. I didn't forge her signature, I swear. I don't regret my failings as much as perhaps I should, but instead I am ruminating on many things, both expected and non-expected, and enjoying a cooling off period. I may have had a teensy tiny freak out about "life" somewhere in there -I think this is a pre-requisite of thirty-dom - and as a result I have not returned to my second job and instead am blissfully able to allow myself some headspace between the first job (more specifically, the gruelling commute), the two bands (both are excellent, thanks for asking), and doing things normal people do such as chores and groceries and grooming (my hair looks like that? Why didn't anyone tell me?).

I feel better already.

We got rid of that beastly car and upgraded to a trusty Toyota Corolla. His name is Chairman Kaga, the Xtra Good Vehicle, and he likes capsicums. He is also an automatic, which means I can already achieve a status reminiscent of driving without having to panic about what the clutch is doing and which gear I am in and what the hell why is the engine stopping???? Ben says "see? It's like driving a go-kart". It is true!

Okay well I best not get too ambitious at this point. There has been a long hiatus and I might pull a muscle or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment