Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Scrappy-Do

My dear kindergarten teacher suggested that I should scrapbook my life. My life! This has been more tricky than first thought, for various reasons: firstly, I'm assuming most people choose pay tribute to somewhat smaller events, like a holiday or a birthday. A whole life is quite an undertaking for my first foray into the scrapbooking, but maybe I'm just being a wimp about that. Another sticking point has been not having immediate access to the type of stuff that should go in - I did salvage some interesting flotsam and jetsam when I was last visiting Mum and Dad, drawings and stories I wrote as a child, photos and things like that, but then me being flakey lost the scans and the printouts. I got part of the way through my scrapbook, but I got lost in the middle there someplace.

In my newfound wisdom of the big 3-0, I am compromising with a smaller project: our recent holiday. It is a lot easier to swallow since I've got all the bits and pieces collected from the month - photographs, ticket stubs, flyers and other interesting stuff from the trip. Awesome sister Becky got me an equally awesome photo book for my birthday, so this leaves me with all of my resources and no more excuses.

1 comment:

  1. Hey There!

    Just wanted to drop by and say that I absolutely love the idea you had about requesting people who have influenced you to give you a challenge. Wish I had thought of it! A year seems like such a short deadline to complete everything, though... but it looks like you are continuing your efforts!

    ReplyDelete