Saturday, August 27, 2011

Winter Ball

Hello! My name is Dee and I'm officially 30 years old (and thirty-six days, if we're being pedantic). So far, so good. I apologise for my virtual absence as I have been busy getting lost in Tokyo, eating crispy duck pancakes in London, and being mooed at by hairy coo in Perthshire, Scotland. We returned to Sydney a few days ago via a grueling 27 hours in transit, and are mostly through the veil of jetlag that tends to cloud most brain activity after such a thing.


Here is a coo I prepared earlier - pic courtesy of Becky P

Somewhere in the recesses of my mind, though, I can recall that we held a Winter Ball. We did! Our lovely friends Mushu and Jimi Linton (from Ranger Spacey) were charitable enough to join us at the Oxford Art Factory and donate their time for the cause, which was Northcott Disability Services, an organisation which helps support families living with spina bifida and other lesser known disabilities. The wonderful Carol helped us to make it all happen in a legal sense.

What a ball. Many of the crowd showed up in their finest (Jimi's Colonel Sanders tie and trucker cap combo was particularly inspiring) and the room was packed out. Unfortunately the only photo I took was this one:

Accurate signage

At the end of the evening, we had raised $606.90 for Northcott. Considering that we weren't sure if anyone would show up at all, this was a pretty mammoth effort. The Gallery Bar only holds about one hundred punters and I reckon we got them all in there. I was hoping to make $500 to at least have the "500" from the original challenge still upheld in there somewhere; we were stoked to have smashed it.

And Dusker did alright. We sounded mostly like this (handsome man responsible for filming this video asks for forgiveness for drunken zooming).


No comments:

Post a Comment