Monday, March 7, 2011

Hello!

--where they found everyone taking pictures of each other dressed as sea lions! Yeah, I know! What were they even-- oh hey. Sorry, I didn't see you there. I have kind of been ignoring you lately, haven't I. I really... I'm really sorry about that. It doesn't mean I don't care. Honestly. I'll make it up to you.

This is intended to just be a quick one to re-establish myself in the blogosphere, since I have been holidaying in my own city for the last couple of weeks trying to keep up with my husband's parents who are visiting from Scotland. They are machines (wonderful, lovely machines). Machines of walking. We knocked out an "official" 30km of Harbour Walk coastline over two days, and an unknown number of other, smaller scenic walks around the city. I will elaborate in a separate post, but wow, did we chew up that harbour. Save for one relatively short leg on the north-east side of the Bridge, I have now completed the whole of the northern harbour. Just the west and the south to go, then... is that trepidation I smell?


3 comments:

  1. That is the best adaptation I have seen of an official sign - better than "Rave by the Blue Light in the Guard's Room" or whatever that one is you see on City Rail trains all the time. Go, you good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love having people visit b/c that's the only time I ever actually do things in my own backyard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always suspected Ben was a cyborg child, with his superhuman levels of Scottish radness

    ReplyDelete