Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Twenty-nine

I've been thinking about these 29 people for the last few days. The original idea started as my best friends, or past best friends - people that knew me the best. Then it began to get tricky. Now, however, the project has skewed. This is going to take a year of my life, and purposefully, wholeheartedly, change it. Maybe I should be thinking of people that have done that in the past. Give them a chance to do it again.

So I thought of certain school teachers. I thought of old boyfriends. I thought of employers. I thought of my old piano teacher. I even thought of bands I listened to.

I quickly decided this is to be a positive endeavour. So to reflect that, I don't want to waste it on people that have affected me negatively. Maybe that's a copout - if you're going to measure your life on change, surely you should recognise both? - but I feel like its just a waste of energy. Those people had their time in the sun. Besides, I wouldn't want to give any of them the satisfaction.

Needless to say, my list is looking pretty interesting. I'm not sure I'll track everyone down, and I'm not even convinced that even if I do, they will respond. But that's all part of the game, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment